Each of us deserves a moment of rest after a hard year of work. The ideal such moment are holidays. Both in summer and winter we are exposed to many unforeseen circumstances. What to do in order to our free time was nice and pleasant, without unnecessary surprises? It is worth thinking about the appropriate insurance. Currently on the market there are innumerable insurance companies, which offer us numerous holiday insurance. You should become familiar with an Internet search engine and choose the best option for us. What kind of insurance you should consider?
Holiday insurance – luxury or necessity
It all depends on our individual needs. It is worth protect themselves against adverse events from either side. We should consider exactly where you want to go on vacation and for how long. Depending on whether you go abroad, whether it is a journey through the country in winter or summer, the mountains or the sea, you will choose a different insurance package.
- Whether you’re going on a long trip around the world or explore the priceless historical monuments, it is always good to have medical insurance. The policy generally includes options such as: the costs of medical consultation, medical transport at the plae of accident, outpatient treatment, medical consultations, appropriate medicines, sanitary equipment, treatment and research, dental care, repair or purchase of prostheses / glasses / aids, hospitalization costs, costs of operation, etc.
- If you’re going on a long journey, not only in our country, you should purchase assistance insurance. This policy applies to emergencies during your trip. It includes a variety of options, including: organization, as well as the costs of medical transportation to your country, transport of the corpse to your country, the cost of continued treatment started during the holidays, medical consultations, etc.
- If you’re going on vacation, whereas you were not going too safe place, absolutely we have to take out accident insurance. This policy will provide a cash benefit for permanent health damage, eg. breaking limbs.
These insurance are one of the primary. Of course, holiday insurances are much more. You should also pay attention to the following:
- Luggage insurance. These insurance is essential if you travel with a larger or valuable luggage. It includes options such as: assistance in the recovery of the lost luggage, compensation for destroyed / damaged / stolen luggage, etc. You should pay attention to the General Terms and Conditions because not every insurer wants to take responsibility for electronic equipment
- If you’re going on a touring trip with a travel agent, you may want to purchase cancellation insurance of participation or shortening of the package holiday. This option is necessary in case of unforeseen situations that force us to early return or to complete abandonment of the tour. This insurance applies to emergency as the death of a loved one, illness, fire or burglary, home, accident, loss of documents and so on.
- Going to hazardous areas in terms of terrorist attacks you should think about insurance of passive participation in terror attacks / riots. If you choose a trip to Egypt and Tunisia you should have this option in mind.
- If you get sick from chronic diseases you can purchase insurance of exacerbations or complications of chronic diseases. Please read the terms of this policy if you get sick from asthma, heart disease, cardiovascular disease, cancer, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, epilepsy, etc.
- the civil liability in private life. This insurance is useful primarily when you are going on holidays to take part in dangerous or hazardous to the health of third parties sports, such as, quad biking or motorboat biking.
How to find cheap holiday insurance?
The best is to search through the Internet. Google is very helpful in these matters. You can use price comparison websites and get the best deal for yourself. Some information can be found in trade magazines. For those who have limited time to seek I present a list of companies offering travel insurance.