The price of water in the UK is extremely diverse. It depends primarily on where you live. Each company dedicated to the supply of water to homes has a slightly different prices. In the UK the average cost is around £ 393. Most of the inhabitants, both Poles and the British do not have installed meters, so they pay a fixed fee for water, regardless of its consumption. Approximately 40% of UK residents have timers, and hence, they decide how much to pay.
If you have water meter at home, you pay not only for the water supplied to your home, but also for the maintenance of the entire infrastructure, as well as for draining rainwater. Taking appropriate steps related to the savings we can reduce our water up to 20%.
At first, you should consider what is better profitable, water meter or a lump sum. If you do not have a meter and you want to lower your bills, you should immediately apply to our supplier to install it. The fee for water is charged for greatness. It follows that, in a home with a small number of people, water meter should be installed, but in the apartment with a small size of the property, a large number of people – you should decide on a fixed fee. To check whether the installation of the meteris for our profitable, we recommend you to use the calculator of water consumption.
Effective ways to save water
- Quick shower – Limit the time you spend taking a shower from a dozen to a few minutes. Some models of a shower have a r Eco mode – to save both electricity and water
- Eco shower head – mount in your shower ecological tip. Some water suppliers offer it for free. It is one of particularly useful ecological gadgets
- Shower – having the choice to select a shower and bath shower. If you do not have it, try to pour water into the bath as little as possible.
- Hydraulics – Check all taps and flushes in your home for leakage. If you see that something is leaking, immediately contact a plumber.
- Dishwasher – many tests proved that the dishwasher saves water. If we have to choose manually washing dishes or use the machine, choose the machine.
- Washing machine – doing laundry always use the maximum area of the machine. Do not turn on the washing machine when the washing machine is half empty.
- The kettle – boiling water for tea, coffee or for other purposes, you should always pour as much water as you need. Boiling a certain amount of water will also save the energy
- Household Appliances – buying new appliances, eg. a washing machine or dishwasher, select a device with a high-class savings from A + to A +++. This will save both water and energy.
- Save-a-flush – zainstaluj w swojej spłuczce specjalny worek z wodą. Przy każdym jej użyciu zaoszczędzisz do 1,5 litra wody. Tego typu worek możemy dostać u naszych dostawców wody. Jest to kolejny, całkiem interesujący gadżet ekologiczny.
- Save-a-Flush – install in a cistern a special bag with water. You will save up to 1.5 liters of water. This type of bag can we get in our water suppliers. This is another, very interesting gadget.
- Rainwater – the use of rainwater for watering flowers in favour of the shrubs and other crops.
- Work – Some workplaces allow their employees to a private bathroom with shower. If you have the opportunity to take a shower work – take advantage of it.
Hey! My name is Radek and I work hard in England everyday and the thought that I will be able to retire after 68 years is not in my favor. That is why I will prove that it is possible at the age of 55 or maybe earlier. See on this blog how I want to achieve this.